Despite four feet of snow still on the ground, there are distinct signs of spring.
- Harley has been making his rounds.
- Francesca is actually asking to go outside on occasion.
- The birds are chirping.
- Sun is bright and warm.
- Snow is melting. I see little rivets of water running through the ice and snow all the time.
- I can open the front door again.
- I’m getting pretty randy.
- Wolf is getting pretty randy.
- The roads are posted.
- I have seen the ground! I’ve squished mud!
I’m hoping the snow will be melted by mid-April. I really want to get my garden ready and having snow this late in the year is putting is putting me back by a week or two already. The growing season is so short here we can’t really afford to lose a week or two.
Usually by this time of the year I’m outside naked turning soil, raking, and playing in warm Sun. There’s a particular ritual I do this time of the year The Winds of March but haven’t been able to do so because there is no where to stand outside where there isn’t 4 inches of ice, unless, of course, it gets really warm this weekend and the driveway finishes melting.
But she’s coming, I can feel her.