No more attack ads. Thankfully. I don’t have TV and still I couldn’t stand those damned ads. They seemed to be everywhere.
Now that the election is over I want to congratulate the Obama’s and their supporters. You all worked very hard to get his message out and I think you did a very good job. Now, however, the hard work begins.
So here’s my little open blog-letter to the Obama’s:
Dear President-Elect and Mrs. Obama,
Congratulations on winning the presidency on November 4, 2008. It was a hard earned won. You endured all kinds of negativity to come out the victor. I applaud you for standing by your message and steadfastly refusing to give up hope.
Now that the office is yours come January I ask the following things:
- Get the troops home. Now.
- Don’t send troops to Afghanistan or anywhere else for that matter.
- I need a job. Desperately. One which gives me the autonomy and financial independence all women deserve.
- Hang a clothes line, prominently displayed, on the White House lawn to promote clothes drying without the use of a dryer. The Right to Dry is a movement requests the First Family to dry their clothes on a line to promote energy independence. You talked a lot about this on campaign stops all over the nation. Please put your money where your mouth is with this simple act.
- Plant a vegetable garden to promote sustainable farming methods. And work in that garden yourselves. Yes, I know the President doesn’t have a lot of time on his hands, but a few minutes in the garden does more for the soul than fostering peace between two nations. And eating the view is much more productive than putting chemicals on the lawn.
- Ditch the limo and get a Prius.
- Ban Hummers and other major gas guzzlers.
- Publicly educate your kids.
- Promote birth control and abortion rights. As a matter of fact, write a constitutional amendment to protect abortion rights.
- Put those corporate thieves in jail and take away all the stuff they bought with the stolen money. Sell it off and pay back the people who lost everything so these jerks could have fancy houses and hummers.
- Lower tuition costs.
- SINGLE PAYER HEALTH PLAN.
- Regarding the promised puppy please rescue from a shelter or group. Nothing would be more powerful than to see the President-Elect and his family choose to love a pet from a shelter or group. Here are rescue groups in the Chicago area
I could go on and on but I think I’ve said enough. I don’t want to overwhelm you more than you’ve already been.
We, the US voters, have given you the chance you asked for. Don’t disappoint us. We put our hope and dreams into your hands. Don’t be like all the other Democratic presidents before you who let us down.
I wish the Obamas’ all the happiness in the world.