I’m busy as a beaver right now (it feels so good!) so I’m going to take a page out of Noelle’s book and post in bullet points.
- Going to Concord Hosptial a little later today to observe in the Cath Lab. Gonna watch stents and catheters get put into the heart to stop a heart attack. OOOh, exciting!
- Went to a regional EMS meeting last night. Lots of changes coming down the pike regarding EMS in NH and the nation.
- Had a committee meeting for the committee of the board I’m on yesterday (did that make sense?). I’m beginning to figure out what’s happening in the meetings and the personalities of those involved.
- Was telling Wolf that I need to make some time to sit down and hand write some notes to a list donors for the above organization regarding our annual appeal. He asked why I was handwriting them and I said “you have a better chance of getting money if there’s a handwritten note in with the appeal.” He picked up a piece of paper and wrote “I request sex. Better chance because it’s handwritten?” I haven’t laughed that long and hard in a long time. And, seriously, this is why I love being married.
- Turned in another application, resume, and cover letter. No response. Grrr.
- Class is almost over. I’m a little behind but that’s ok, I’ll catch up today. After my day is done at Concord Hospital I’ll have three hours of down time until class. I’ll use that time to catch up. Generally I keep myself a bit behind because I like to do the reading and workbook after the lecture because then it’s a review.
- PT is going well. He re-evaluated me on Monday and said there’s been marked improvement in the mobility of my neck and strength. I can feel the difference too. I just gatta get on the ball with the stretching and exercises. I’ve been slacking of late.
- Went to the chiropractor yesterday. I figured since my neck has been loosening up and getting stronger I’d have an adjustment. He said my neck and upper back moved with the greatest ease for the first time since he’s been treating me. My lower back doesn’t move too much though I’m not surprised. Just before PT ends I’m going to ask for some lower back stretches and abdominal strengthening exercises.
- Haven’t been running at all. PT said to lay off it while I was being treated but I may start again. Or not. It’s effing cold out there.
- Seen flurries a couple times but no snow. Whew!
- It’s getting COLD!!
- Had heartburn so bad last night I took a Prilosec. I’ve take exactly two though I have about 30 of them from the doctor. Two cups of ginger peach tea and two tums didn’t touch the pain. Sucky. No more Mexican food for me. Grrr.
Ok, that’s all I can think of. I have to shit, shower, shave, and shampoo then eat breakfast and make lunch and dinner for tonight. I’ll be leaving here at 10:30 and not getting home till 10:30. LOOOONG day for me.
Edited to add: my time at Concord Hospital got canceled. Bummer. I was really looking forward to going! I have to reschedule I guess.